Eligibility for UW-W URP Research Grants
- Be of sophomore status or greater as of Fall 2014.
- Have a UW-W cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher at the time of application. (Exemptions to the minimum GPA requirement may be granted upon URP approval and mentor support. The mentor's letter of support must address the rationale for the exemption request).
- Have the project endorsed by a faculty/staff member. All tenure-track, tenured faculty or academic staff members (instructional and non-instructional) holding at least a 50% appointment are eligible. Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis for faculty and academic staff with appointments less than 50% with three years or more of University of Wisconsin-Whitewater service.
- Be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program during completion of project.
Guidelines For Grant Use
- Student investigator receives no salary/wages from the project. Books (no more than $100.00 per grant; special justification such as specific titles not available from the library or Interlibrary Loan system needed for larger requests), software, small equipment, and other materials purchased with grant funds belong to the University. Funds must be expended following regular University guidelines and within University's fiscal year.
- Funds may be used for dissemination of project results including conference presentation and publication. See FAQ page for more information.
- Use of human subjects or animals in the research must receive approval by the appropriate University committee. See FAQ page for more information.
- Projects which run beyond or span academic years require special justification.
- All students whose projects are funded (including those with multiple authors) are expected to submit an abstract to and present their work at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) or the University of Wisconsin Symposium on Research and Creative Activities. Students may be held financially responsible for costs incurred as a result of a cancellation of a conference presentation.
- All students whose projects are funded are expected to present their results at the annual UW-Whitewater Undergraduate Research Day Program.
- Funded students will be asked to fill out a brief web survey.
- Failure to satisfy these expectations, without satisfactory explanation, will result in ineligibility for undergraduate research funding (for either the student or mentor or both for one year if warranted).
For additional information regarding the Undergraduate Research Program, including eligibility/application requirements, please visit http://www.uww.edu/urp/grant-information.